P&P NewsBits: Keira Knightley covers Vogue Italia, Watch Kelly Reilly in trailer for Britannia, Carey Mulligan begins filming BBC Two's Collateral, and more!

Some new movies, casting, release dates, and filming news info. featuring some P&P actors here that I thought I'd post them all in the same post...

Here's today's quick news round up of TV and film news (including casting callsfilm synopsistrailersrelease datesfestival newsetc.) of the following P&P (2005) actors: Keira Knightley, Kelly Reilly, andRupert Friendall in one post!  

First up...

Keira Knightley covers Vogue Italia (April 2017 issue)

Intensity. It’s a term I like a lot. I’m interested in people who are on the edge, who have neuroses, who dabble in the extreme. That’s why I’ve always chosen intense characters that burn you. I’d like to keep them at a distance, they’re so complex, but I’m inevitably attracted to them. But that’s only as far as scripts and movies are concerned. In my real life I can spend even a whole afternoon listening to popcorn music: we’re made of contrasts”.

Many of the roles she is famous for were romantic: Anna Karenina, Cecilia Tallis in Atonement, Guinevere in King Arthur and, above all, Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. Throughout her career, Keira has often combined romantic love with a physicality in which classic and contemporary mingle to create something special, a mixture of sublime imperfections. “I’m not aware that perhaps my body or face are special precisely because of their defects, but I think I’ve always accepted myself. Ever since I was I child, the only thing I wanted to do was act, and I think any attention on my looks faded into the background. I started when I was six. My father was an actor, my mother was a writer. I spent every day with them, they were involved in a highly political, left-leaning theater, and this forged me. When you’re little, if people around you believe that art is an instrument of change, then that’s it, you’ll do the same thing”.

Keira Knightley constantly radiates intensity and assertiveness, as if neither her heart nor her mind ever prevailed over each other. And so, when her two Oscar nominations for Pride and Prejudice and The Imitation Game are mentioned, she laughs and says, “I’d like to win one sooner or later”. Read Keira Knightley's full interview here. [Vogue Italia]

[source: Vogue Italia]

Watch Keira's Vogue Italia photoshoot below...


Howards End: Matthew Macfadyen & Hayley Atwell On Set Photo


Update on Carey Mulligan's Collateral BBC Two Mini-Series...

Carey Mulligan Begins Filming Her New Show 'Collateral' in London

See more on set photos of CM here. [JustJared]


Filming began this week on Collateral, a four-part, British thriller starring Carey Mulligan.
No word yet on when it will premiere. 


Also...


Netflix Boards BBC Two’s ‘Collateral’; Billie Piper & More Join David Hare Thriller

Netflix has come on board BBC Two’s contemporary thriller Collateral as co-producer and will release globally outside the UK. As Deadline revealed last month, Carey Mulligan is starring in the David Hare created drama that explores the spiraling repercussions surrounding the fatal shooting of a pizza delivery man. New cast includes John Simm (Life on Mars), Nicola Walker (Spooks) and Billie Piper (Doctor Who, Penny Dreadful).

Set over the course of four days, the story centers on Detective Inspector Kip Glaspie (Mulligan), who refuses to accept that the murder is a random act of senseless violence and becomes determined to discover if there is a darker truth. Politician David Mars (Simm) instantly is embroiled in the drama through his turbulent relationship with his troubled and unpredictable ex, Karen (Piper). All the while, Jane Oliver (Walker), a compassionate vicar, struggles to conceal her affair with the only witness to the crime. Read full article. [Deadline]

Watch Kelly Reilly in Sky TV Trailer for Britannia!


Britannia Trailer Screen Captures featuring Kelly Reilly as Kerra

Interview: Rosamund Pike on IWC's new women's watch collection and why she'll never go digital

“I became interested in watches because I’m such a terrible timekeeper,” admits Rosamund Pike. The British actress and ambassador for IWC glances at the timepiece adorning her wrist, a bracelet version of the brand’s new 36mm Da Vinci automatic with a delicate diamond bezel and round date window. The rose-gold case goes nicely with her pink and black metallic cocktail dress – something of a development for a brand whose slogan not so long ago was “engineered for men”. [UK's The Telegraph]

Watch: video clips of Rupert Friend on CBS This Morning


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script