Watch: Pride & Prejudice (2005) film (UK and US) trailers

In celebration today of Pride & Prejudice film's 7 years anniversary of its US theatrical release (November 11th; limited), I am posting both UK and US trailers with transcript (I've compiled here below).

Did You Know? Pride & Prejudice's trailer was a
Golden Trailer Award winner in (June 1st) 2006.
Best Romance
Winner:
Pride and Prejudice, Focus Features, Mojo LLC

Nominees:
  • Brokeback Mountain, Focus Features, Seismic Productions
  • Casanova, Walt Disney Pictures, Big Picture Entertainment
  • Must Love Dogs, Warner Bros., Open Road Ent.
Pride & Prejudice's famous audio from both its UK/US trailers inspired the following fan made trailers....

Watch P&P's UK trailer version with audio transcript...


"Nethefield Park is let at last. Have you heard who has taken it?" (Mrs. Bennet)
"I have." (Mr. Bennet)
"Is he amiable?" (Mrs. Bennet)
"Is he handsome?" (Kitty)
"He's single!!" (Kitty and Lydia)
"I believe so." (Mr. Bennet)
"He's here!" (Kitty)
"Oh my goodness, everybody behave naturally!" (Mrs. Bennet)
"Mr. Collins at your service." (Mr. Collins)

The Bennet sisters were looking for husbands... (Narrator)

"Which are only obtained through intercourse...forgive me, through the intercourse." (Mr. Collins)

But Lizzie Bennet wanted more... (Narrator)

"Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony." (Elizabeth Bennet)
"Mr. Collins, I cannot accept you!" (Lizzie)
"Don't worry, we'll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately." (Mrs. Bennet)
"Headstrong, is she?" (Mr. Collins)
"That is Mr. Darcy." (Charlotte)
"He looks miserable, poor soul." (Lizzie)
"Miserable he maybe, but poor he most certainly is not." (Charlotte)
"We must all visit him at once." (Mrs. Bennet)
"A Mrs. Bennet, A Miss Bennet, A Miss Bennet, and A Miss Bennet, sir." (Netherfield Butler)
"Do you dance Mr. Darcy?" (Lizzie)
"Not if I can help it." (Mr. Darcy)
"Very strange." (Lady Catherine)
"I do not have the talent in conversing easily with the people." (Mr. Darcy)
"Perhaps you should practice." (Lizzie)
"May have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?" (Mr. Darcy)
"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity...You may." (Lizzie)
"He's so..." (Lizzie)
"He's so what?" (Mrs. Gardiner)
"He's so rich." (Lizzie)
"What on earth have you done to poor Mr. Darcy?" (Charlotte)
"I have no idea." (Lizzie)
"Mr. Darcy is engage to my daughter. Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth?" (Lady Catherine)
"I've been so blind." (Lizzie)
"He's been a fool, but then...so have I." (Lizzie)
"We are all fools in love." (Charlotte)
"You were the last man in the world I could ever marry." (Lizzie)

Watch US trailer here!
or watch it below...

(source: )
"He's here!" (Kitty)
"Is he amiable?" (Mrs. Bennet)
"Is he handsome?" (Kitty)
"He's single!" (Lydia)
"I believe so." (Mr. Bennet)
"Oh, my goodness, everybody behave naturally." (Mrs. Bennet)
"Mr. Collins at your service." (Mr. Collins)

In an era when marrying a rich man was the most a woman could hope for, Elizabeth Bennet was way ahead of her time... (Narrator)

"I singled you out as a companion of my future life." (Mr. Collins)
"Sir, I cannot accept you." (Lizzie)
"Don't worry, Mr. Collins." (Mrs. Bennet)
"Tell her you insist upon them marrying." (Mrs. Bennet)
"Papa, please." (Lizzie)
"You'll have this house." (Mrs. Bennet)
"I can't marry him." (Lizzie)
"And save your sisters from destitution." (Mrs. Bennet)
"You cannot make me!" (Lizzie)

From Jane Austen, the beloved author of Emma and Sense and Sensibility... (Narrator)
"That is Mr. Darcy." (Charlotte)
"He looks miserable, poor soul." (Lizzie)
"Miserable he maybe, but poor he most certainly is not." (Charlotte)
"Do you dance Mr. Darcy?" (Lizzie)
"Not if I can help it." (Mr. Darcy)
"What on earth have you done to poor Mr. Darcy?" (Charlotte)
"I have no idea." (Lizzie)
"I do not have the talent in conversing easily with the people I have never meet before." (Mr. Darcy) "Perhaps you should practice." (Lizzie)
"May have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?" (Mr. Darcy)
"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity...You may." (Lizzie)
"He's so rich." (Lizzie)
"By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are." (Mr. Gardiner)

This Fall. Focus Features presents. The story of a modern woman. (Narrator)

"Mr. Darcy is engage to my daughter. Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth?" (Lady Catherine)

Who discover the one person she cannot stand...is the one man, she may not be able to resist. (Narrator)

"Could you expect me rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?" (Mr. Darcy)
"From the first moment I met you, your arrogance made me realize you were the last man in the world I could ever marry." (Lizzie)

"Do you not think of him a handsome man?" (Mrs. Reynolds)
"Yes, I daresay he is." (Lizzie)

From the producers of Bridget Jones' Diary and Love Actually. (Narrator)

"He's been a fool, but then so have I." (Lizzie)
"We are all fools in love." (Charlotte)

Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Brenda Blethyn, Donald Sutherland, and Judi Dench.

"You have bewitched me body and soul." (Mr. Darcy)
"I thought she didn't like him." (Mrs. Bennet)
"So did I. So did we all." (Jane)

PRIDE & PREJUDICE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Rosamund Pike!

Top 10 Favorite Pride & Prejudice Movie Quotes

P&P Movie Script